Demand Planning Team Leader - Germany/ Austria (m/w/d)
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 137741 - Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
To manage preparation, alignment, and communication of a high quality /Sub Demand Plan (by subcategory/subsidiary with a planning horizon of current year + 1.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Demand Planning Team Leader is responsible for managing all activities to develop, align, & communicate the demand plan for the Sub. The final demand plan must balance cross functional input and reflect the latest commercial/customer plans in order to meet business objectives. The demand Planning Team Leader is the main contact between the commercial team & category supply chain to achieve an aligned/synchronized demand plan and drive continuous improvement.
Key activities include:
- Build Collaborative Demand Plan - Regularly interact with commercial teams (CDT's, customer marketing, and consumer marketing) to gather customer plans & other demand inputs. Determine deviations vs. statistical demand plan, gain alignment, & document key assumptions.
- Review Demand Plan - Prepare & participate in the Monthly CBP discipline process to develop an aligned demand plan. Gaps & opportunities are identified, quantified & addressed.
- Synchronize Supply & Demand - Ensure alignment of final demand plan to supply plan. Identify and ensure communication of supply risks/opportunities/constraints, potential solutions, and impact on "unconstrained demand plan".
- Support New Product Planning & Life Cycle Planning -Work cross functionally to finalize pipeline volume & first 6 months of demand for new products. Track/measure actual shipments vs. documented key assumptions. Collaborate with a cross functional team to manage & communicate sku performance and life cycle changes (Sku Simplification).
- Measure & Track Performance - Measure, report, and drive improvement of demand planning process & results.
- Communicate & Manage Demand - Monitor orders and shipments on a regular basis. Identify/Communicate significant changes. Facilitate Fast Track process.
Key interfaces are Customer Development Teams (CDT's), Customer and Consumer Marketing, Finance, Replenishment Planning, and manufacturing sites (internal/external).
Other Areas of Responsibility include:
- Manage 3 Demand Planners
- Build Organizational Capability & Drive Change Management.
- Inventory Management
- Projects (E2E Control Tower Power User)
- Drive simplification in Hub planning and standardization of planning approach
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration; B.S. in Engineering, Finance, Logistics or equivalent experience. MBA a plus
7+ years of Consumer Goods experience in Customer Development, Manufacturing, Customer Service & Logistics, Finance, and/or Marketing.
Core: Communicates Effectively, Promotes Teamwork, Sets the Example, Gives and Seeks Feedback, Values Unique Contributions
Leadership Essentials: Leading Change, Consumer/Customer Focus, Influence/Negotiation, Business/Global Perspective, Relationship Building, Encouraging Open Dialogue, Analysis/Decision Making, Planning/Priority Setting, Effective Execution
Functional: Managing Demand, Managing Inventories, Continuous Improvement, Logistics Systems & Analysis, Business & Financial Understanding, Supply Chain Collaboration, Statistical Knowledge
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom's of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate's global business, visit the Company's web site at
Colgate Palmolive Company