Global Communications Manager (m/w/d)
Purpose of Position
The Global Communications Manager will work closely with key stakeholders across multiple disciplines (sales, client services, product and technology, marketing) to devise and execute the global communications strategy, to support Awin's objectives and key results across our internal and external communication channels. Reporting to the Global Head of Communications, you will be the communications expert the rest of the business can rely on to provide carefully considered strategies to communicate as effectively as possible.
Your location: London, Amsterdam or Berlin.
- Work closely with the wider marketing department to ensure we're communicating with our customers in the right places, at the right time on our external channels.
- Create, review and rollout global communications, ensuring it's written with a 'martech hat' on to support our goals, and is in the Awin tone of voice.
- Oversee PR agency relationships globally, working closely with local marketing managers to support the creation of regional PR strategies.
- Support Crisis Communication and manage the global content calendar.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure we have the right imagery to accompany our global communications.
- Work closely with the global marketing lead and local marketing managers to ensure the global communication strategy is implemented in local regions.
- Research and identify new communication opportunities to increase Awin's brand awareness and reach.
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual external communication reports to monitor our engagement, traffic, and lead acquisition to continually optimise.
- Research and identify global award opportunities, and create/review regional award entries, supporting local stakeholders.
- Enhance the current internal communications function, creating and implementing a strategy to harmonise internal communication at Awin.
- Oversee internal communication and ensure the process is being adhered to by staff.
- Management of internal communications channels (Intranet, Teams, Asana), ensuring the correct channel is used to reach the right people.
- Manage the internal communications calendar, liaising with the internal communications stakeholders from each department to ensure all internal communications are aligned and sent at the right time to the right people.
- Create and/or review internal communication, making sure it aligns with Awin's Values and is in the Awin tone of voice.
- Produce monthly reporting on internal communication to analyse and continually optimise.
Skills & Expertise
- A charismatic communications specialist with minimum 5 years proven experience, preferably at a technology/software company.
- Native English speaker, with excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal. Additional European languages are a welcome bonus.
- Flawless grammar.
- Thoughtful and compassionate copywriting skills across multiple channels.
- Confident and comfortable owning and driving forward key projects and responsibilities.
- Comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders to consult on communication strategies.
- Strong analytical skills, able to report and optimise communication and strategies.
- Previous experience working B2B and/or in a global team structure preferred.
- Previous internal communication experience preferred.
- With work-life balance at the forefront of Awin's ethos, we have switched to a 4-day week basis enabling our employees to have more time for family, friends, hobbies or anything else.
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid working model.
- Whether you enjoy working from the office or from home, Awin gives you the chance to decide where you would like to work- whether that will be from home anywhere in the UK, the Netherlands or from one of our beautiful offices in the heart of London or Amsterdam.
- We encourage you to use our vast company training resources to nurture your self-development.
Established in 2000, Awin is proud of our dynamic, social and inclusive culture.
Like all businesses, we've had to adapt and nurture our culture in a virtual environment. Our virtual 'Life @ Awin' hub brings our colleagues from across the globe together for various social activities.
Diversity & Inclusion are paramount to us, and we proudly pursue and hire diverse team members. We champion uniqueness and authenticity; this is who we are at our core. Our network of affiliate partnerships are diverse and transparent, as are the employees powering our vision to build the world's leading open partner ecosystem. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you need support at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply now to begin the next stage of your career at a progressive company that supports both your professional and personal development.