Lead Frontend Engineer (d/f/m) - All Personio Locations (m/w/d)
At Personio, your work transforms the way millions of people experience work every day. Join our Product & Technology team that drives our customer's outcomes by designing, developing and delivering innovative and high quality products. Be empowered to take ownership of your areas and make an impact on your team, our product, and our customers.
As a Lead Engineer (d/f/m), you will be a bar raiser in a mission-based team within the Personio Engineering organization, leading the team's most complex projects. All Lead Engineers are coding hands-on and are responsible for the technical strategy of the team. Additionally, based on your strengths you will be acting as a multiplier, upleveling the technical expertise of your team or diving deep into the most complex technical challenges - either way: we are relying on your technical leadership!
There are different areas and products, where you can make an impact, either accelerating our established products or developing new ones. In your first interview, we can dive deeper into the different challenges to find the most exciting one for you, and in the meantime, you can check out our career page to find out more.
Role & Responsibilities
- Taking responsibility for delivery of larger in-team projects that may have a high level of uncertainty and risk, with a pragmatic approach to estimation, scoping and planning
- Following and promoting best practices to solve higher complexity challenges by building reliable, performant and elegant solutions that are easy to work with
- Owning the technical output and standards for the team, ensuring engineering and operational excellence
- Actively involved in the definition and fulfillment of the team's strategy and bringing technical perspective into account
- Giving useful and effective feedback, actively seeking to improve the entire team by regularly sharing knowledge and mentoring others
- Stepping up, actively driving team topics and supporting other team members
- Communicating with cross-functional stakeholders and leadership, targeted for the audience
- Participating in activities within the larger org, and performing actions that positively influence groups of people
What you need to succeed
- Over 7 years of software engineering experience in building and designing scalable applications
- Over 2 years of experience leading software engineering teams to solve complex problems
- Mastery of front-end frameworks (React preferred), TypeScript, Critical Render Path (CRP) and CSS
- Experience with micro-frontends, mono repositories and client and server side rendering (CSR, SSR)
- Proficiency in different types of testing strategies (testing pyramid)
- Experience building a technical strategy and translating it into reality
- A proven track record of enabling your teammates and amplifying their technical abilities by mentoring and coaching
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty and managing risk
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (in English)
What motivation and mindset you should bring:
- Driven by impact - We work hard and take action to achieve great results for our customers and Personio
- Speed of execution - We are moving fast and are relying on you to elevate the team delivery
- Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, and neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other
- Tech branding - tell others about the things you like, either through blogging or tech events
- Humor - have fun, learn and bring your good vibes
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work!
Work with us and receive those general benefits (apply for all locations):
- Competitive compensation package – reevaluated each year – that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Annual personal development budget for you to invest in your development via professional memberships, external certifications, conferences, and more
- Regular company and team events like All Company Culture Week and local year-end celebrations
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Even more benefits depending on location
Bring your best. Make your mark. We’re using technology to revolutionize the way HR operates so that we can transform the way millions of people experience work every day. We move fast, challenge the status quo, and support our people as they shape their careers.
With over 8,000 customers and a team of 1,700 in seven offices across Europe, now is the perfect time to join! We believe in hiring driven people who want to make an impact. So bring your best, and let’s build the future of HR technology together.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer, committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.