Optics Developer (d/f/m) (m/w/d)
Leica Microsystems has helped shape the future of microscopy for over 170 years by developing groundbreaking optical and digital solutions. As a global leader, we're driven by continuous improvement to excite our customers and to create the best work environment for our people. Customer focus, innovation, and teamwork are at the core of our culture and the foundation of our success.
Want to be part of a company whose products are part of cutting-edge research around the world? Join Leica Microsystems in our commitment for brilliant solutions and insight.
Leica Microsystems is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
We are currently offering the following role, to work in a hybrid working module, in our headquarter in Wetzlar:
Optics Developer (d/f/m)
The integration of optical imaging and the possibilities of digital data acquisition and processing create new and fascinating opportunities for imaging systems dedicated and tailored to specific applications. In this position, you will develop the imaging systems of the future for life sciences and applied research by designing the core functionality of microscopic imaging: the optical imaging chain. We are happy to welcome newcomers to the field of optical design, provided they bring a relevant technical education and an open and enthusiastic mindset with them.
- Design of optical systems: You will develop optical designs for objectives and optical systems used in digitally enabled imaging solutions.
- You will ensure the functionality by performing tolerance analyses, verification, and quantitative test of optical and opto-digital systems. You will also work closely with manufacturing departments to select and derive appropriate manufacturing technologies and adjustment concepts and support new and existing products.
- You improve existing and develop new in-house computational tools for technical and physical optics.
- You help in ensuring our competitiveness by actively working with the IP department to protect our innovations.
- Enthusiastic and open personality and the desire to learn and develop.
- Degree in physics, engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- Knowledge in optics, and the willingness to deeply dive into technical and physical optics and optical design and engineering.
- Proficiency in scripting languages for numerical simulation (e. g. MATLAB, Python), ideally also in C++ and digital image processing.
- A structured approach to problem analysis and solution, solution-oriented work ethics.
- Experience in project and teamwork in interdisciplinary and intercultural teams, understanding of economic relations and dependencies
- Fluent knowledge of English and German.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and Bonus
- Attractive compensation package (pension, healthcare and many more benefits)
- Continuous training, support and focus on your personal development
- Work in a global environment with cross-cultural teams
- We are particularly interested in long-term cooperation
DIVERSITY AT LEICA
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GET MORE INSIGHT
Learn more about what we do and who we are by watching our company video "We Are Leica": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zHmalqMXN4
Are you interested to discover new opportunities in an innovative, team-oriented environment?
Do apply online - we are looking forward to your application
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.