People Operations Manager (m/w/d)
People Operations Manager
Employment Type: [Permanent, Full-Time]
Location: [Berlin, Hybrid]
Start Date: [ASAP]
About Talenthouse AG:
Talenthouse is the ultimate co-creation platform, helping our partners to harness the power of creatives in all corners of the world. With a global, digital creative community of over 14 million members in 195 countries, Talenthouse unites the skilled communities and intuitive technology platforms of Talenthouse, EyeEm, Ello, ElloU, ElloWorks, Zooppa, Media Foundry, Untitled and Jovoto.
Talenthouse is radically innovating how creative content is generated through its proprietary technology, and most importantly, giving creatives the opportunity to benefit financially, economically and socially across its platforms. This is a truly unique opportunity to join a pioneering global company at an exciting scale-up stage.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join Talenthouse, a global creative tech company in a scale-up phase, as we pioneer the future of creativity. Are you ready?
Reporting into and working closely with the London-based People Director during a period of growth for the business, as People Operations Manager you’ll join the team in Berlin. At the heart of this role is supporting the ongoing creation and delivery of a best in class People operations function, and supporting strategic projects as the business grows (both organically & through acquisitions). You'll help us to work better and more effectively, finding innovative solutions to day to day People challenges, looking after the development and wellbeing of current employees and recruiting new talent. You have some varied experience in the field and are looking for a role to broaden your knowledge and responsibility across the full range of People topics.
A typical day could see you drafting contracts, creating insights from our people data, shortlisting applicants or securing visas for candidates - as well as supporting work on mid- and long-term strategies and incremental improvements. It's a challenging yet rewarding opportunity to get exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and topics in a high-growth business.
As the People Operations Manager you will enjoy a true generalist role, with responsibilities including:
- Collaborating with the global People team to support a great workplace
- Initiate, pitch and and implement new processes related to candidate and employee experience, performance reviews and feedback culture
- Organising employee onboarding and off-boarding, including work permit applications and social insurance matters.
- Supporting an exemplary candidate experience, from posting jobs, communicating with and interviewing applicants through to finalising contracts.
- Managing an excellent People operations service for the business, ensuring all employee files and the HRIS (currently BambooHR) are up to date, accurate, compliant and being used as effectively as possible by the global team (including for the creation of People metrics and insights).
- Working with our outsourced providers to support effective and accurate payroll and benefits administration.
- Providing practical support to employees in the office, including the creation of successful onboarding plans and exit processes, and partnering with the office management (e.g. around equipment tracking and ordering, first day welcomes, coordinating with IT support, H&S, fire and first aid, office events).
- Providing general guidance, support and training to line managers of all levels across the business, on all people related topics (including both formal HR and ER matters, compliance & general best practice).
- Be a true ‘people person’ – diligently and creatively supporting the organisation to care for our employees as individuals and set them up for success.
- Contributing ideas and working closely with the People team globally on strategic HR/People projects, consistently contributing to an exceptional employer brand.
- Strong previous experience of multiple annual cycles within a similar HR/People role, in which you had responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the data in the HRIS and for coordinating all operational elements of the employee life cycle, including payroll and benefits admin, and of improving those processes.
- Previous experience of Talent Acquisition across multiple live roles.
- Previous experience supporting managers with hiring, onboarding and day to day People advice (including on employee relations matters).
- Previous experience supporting the in-person onboarding of new starters including equipment, tech, inductions, and health & safety.
- Examples of effectively creating or improving HR / People processes & procedures, and/or successfully managing HR projects.
- A passion for learning and development initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in German and English
- You are well organised, independent and curious. You are approachable; a good judge of character; calm under pressure; able to handle ambiguity and competing priorities.
- You have a keen eye for process improvements and commercial instincts.
- Experience with HR Tools (recruiting, employee data management.
- Competitive salary and package, including employee stock options (we’re focused on building something great together)
- The challenge of a fast-moving, flexible, entrepreneurial environment with the benefits and security of being part of a growing global organisation
- Trust-based working: flexible working hours and a competitive holiday policy for a distributed team with social hubs in key locations
- A job that helps change lives - enabling people to turn their passions into their livelihood
- The potential to learn fast, grow your skills set and quickly advance your career
- Amazing tech
- A global client list of leading brands (Netflix, Coca Cola, Nike, Google and more)
Our values are really important to us. Below is a brief overview, but we’d love to tell you more!
- Curiosity - to be curious is to be creative. We don’t settle, because there is always more to know. We embrace change and ask questions.
- Focus - honing in on the goal, reducing distraction, and staying quick on our feet.
- Excellence - we cannot achieve excellence without passion. We take pride in what we do and the people we work with.
- Kindness - it’s about being patient, supportive, empathetic, compassionate, accommodating, and always assuming good intent.
- Fun - fun is the output of positive interactions. Let's celebrate the diversity in our group and our sense of humour!
Talenthouse is committed to creating an environment that is inclusive to all, where everyone is treated with kindness and respect. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Do reach out to let us know if there’s any actions we can take to better support an environment where you feel comfortable.
Our Website: talenthouse.com