Principal Executive Recruiter (m/w/d)
Booking.com is going through a major transformation across its global TA function to align it to the future needs of the business. Significant investment is being made across people and technology. One strategic area of growth is Booking.com’s Executive Recruitment function.
The Executive Recruitment Team at Booking.com doesn't just focus on what we do, we care about delivering the best possible experience to everyone. Diversity and inclusion really does matter. We pride ourselves that we have a working environment that respects every individual's contribution, creating a workplace that offers everyone the possibility to thrive and achieve their potential.
Our aim is that our workforce reflects the rich and valuable diversity of our customers across the world. We are committed to equality opportunities and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or beliefs.
Having established the Executive Recruitment function a couple of years ago it has begun to build its internal reputation and enjoyed major success across the business delivering senior mandates. We are now looking to build on this success to take the function to the next level of its maturity. This role will be instrumental in helping shape and develop of the function.
A high calibre Principal Recruiter is required who has a proven track record of success in one the leading global search firms in the Tech, Engineering, e-Commerce or Consumer markets. Ideally with a combination of search and in-house experience.
Location is flexible for the right calibre candidate.
If this sounds like the challenge and opportunity you are looking for and if you enjoy working in high paced, fast changing environment please read on: The Principal Recruiter is a high-impact, talent acquisition strategist to a specific business unit or function. The role partners with senior leaders (Sr Director to VP/SVP), to advise on long-term talent acquisition programmes and initiatives which are highly complex with significant impact to the goals and objectives of the business unit or function. This will require you to influence across both senior business and people teams (including COE counterparts) but also setting the benchmark for operational excellence in execution across the Talent Acquisition organisation.
The Principal Recruiter is a dynamic strategist focused on driving growth and organisational change/design to Talent Acquisition programs, strategy and execution.
This role will require strong leadership traits including the ability to build relationships, lead through strategic problem-solving, first-class communicating skills and the ability to repeatedly maintain a high-bar for operational excellence.
- Own the relationship and partner with S/VP and the department leadership team to deliver and connect the executive talent acquisition strategy with BU objectives
- Partner with the broader Talent Team to develop and implement Executive Talent Management processes
- Work closely with the People Leadership team and other key partners to assess talent supply internally and externally, define critical gaps, and develop sourcing strategies to close those gaps.
- Contribute to commercial and operational business discussions with stakeholders regarding talent segment & talent acquisition strategy
- Develop scalable, high-impact talent acquisition strategies to support Senior leaders and business units or functions
- Operate as a key business partner on critical talent searches across both technical and non-technical roles
- Craft, deliver and execute creative talent sourcing and recruiting campaigns that scale for attracting diverse talent
- Stay connected to the competitive landscape, including compensation and employment brand trends, using multiple data-points to effect key talent acquisition decisions. Continually contributing to the knowledge base of the Global TA organisation by providing education on industries and talent pools/profiles
- Partner with Senior Leadership Sourcers and Lead Recruiters to map target companies and top talent, and build out talent networks to develop an ongoing talent pipeline for high priority needs
- Position himself/herself as a high-value strategist to Senior leaders, playing a key role in leadership team meetings, the annual planning processes and developing effective reporting\communication framework
- Consult with key stakeholders on key issues such as role creation, succession planning, regional tax implications, immigration, etc in partnership with Finance, Compensation, People, Tax and Legal where appropriate
- Resource planning – building\leading the internal search practice and sourcing relevant external partners where appropriate
- Building out talent networks in certain functions/industries and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an initial pool of candidates
- 10+ years of Exec search/search firm recruiting experience with a focus on passive candidate generation in the Digital, Tech, Engineering, e-Commerce and Consumer markets
- 5+ years of experience advising and influencing executive leadership
- Excellent communication skills, including, influencing, coaching and mentoring.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and follow-through with a passion for consistently maintaining high standards
- Stellar organisational skills and possessing the ability to quickly prioritise various top priorities, self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think conceptually
- Executive presence with a business mindset and deep knowledge of complex business operating models, terms and metrics
- Experience working in both small and large technology companies
- An advocate for flawless recruiting, consistently maintaining minimal margin for error and championing talent as a critical foundation for the organisation
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Able to function in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Humble yet confident, with high self-awareness
- A strategic thinker yet focused on execution; able to roll up their sleeves to get things done
- Sound judgment when working through complex issues and when handling confidential information
- Self-starter with high energy and drive; fast-paced and results-driven; forward-thinking
- Experimental, ready to learn and open to change
- Keep the customer at the centre of everything you do
- Committed to building a diverse, inclusive work environment
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.