Product Director - Platform (m/w/d)
Aiven is a hypergrowth Platform-as-a-Service company offering the best in open-source and data technologies on multiple cloud platforms.
Headquartered in Helsinki with hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo and Toronto, Aiven provides managed open-source data technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka and M3, on all major clouds.
In 2022, we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel our global expansion, the comprehensiveness of our platform and to focus on new programs in sustainability and diversity in tech.
Open source is at our core. We compensate our employees who contribute to open source outside of their daily work with Aiven and we have set up an Open Source Program Office (OSPO), to actively focus on giving back to the open-source community.
Aiven’s mission is to enable customers to drive business results from open source, transforming their businesses. We love to operate our favorite tools at scale and empower our customers, in over 60 countries, to do great work.
We live our values of courage, openness and ownership every day, and continually strive to ensure that every Aivener is empowered to contribute creatively and meaningfully, in a work environment where they have the tools to succeed and the comfort and support to be themselves.
About this position:
We are looking for a product leader to join our product management team to drive Aiven’s platform strategy forward. The ideal candidate would have a deep history in building and growing successful digital B2B products and has a successful track record of building high-performance teams.
Your success would come from
- Leading and growing a team of passionate technical product owners.
- Recognizing and generating business cases for product extensions and enhancements.
- Delivering a solid Enterprise-ready platform experience including scalable administration of Aiven resources, Identity and Access management, complex networking topologies, observability, auditing and billing capabilities.
- Evolving our platform into a scalable and extensible platform suite to enable partner integrations.
- Identifying and executing business development relationships (when necessary), technology partnerships and investment opportunities to further strengthen our product offering and expand our market reach.
- Raising our API offering from its status-quo to a product in itself so developers can go from zero to deploy ready in one day.
- Partnering with our CTO office, product and technical operations teams to evolve the architecture ensuring scalability and maintainability of our platform.
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing to develop product marketing strategies, lead generation and sales strategies.
Prior experience in devising value-based pricing and a sustainable platform monetization strategy would be a bonus for this role.
Our ideal team member
- Has the flexibility and openness to adopt our team's style and practices, but isn't afraid to suggest improvements that will benefit our team.
- Holds oneself accountable and understands how one's actions impact the entire team.
- Welcomes collaboration where it matters, and can carve out focused time in a busy day to get work done independently.
- Is comfortable participating in cross-functional team meetings, at times dealing with the challenges of global time zones.
- Enjoys digging into technology and troubleshooting issues independently.
- Is persistent and creative about getting the information needed to get the job done.
- Demonstrates empathy and enjoys removing barriers to others’ success.
- 7 years or more experience in managing B2B business operations or any other relevant fields. Minimum 4 years of experience in pricing or monetization with business outcomes. Bonus: experience in PaaS or Data platforms.
- Management: You have directly managed 2+ product managers.
- Execution: You have led multiple product teams which are able to execute consistently, delivering projects of the broadest scope and impact on time.
- Technical: You are comfortable working with engineering to prioritize broadly and you understand technical complexities involved.
- Organizational skills: You can demonstrate excellent administrative capabilities with an ability to continuously drive results. You are able to manage multiple teams with stakeholders across the organization.
- Analytical: You have a good grasp of statistical analysis, can use data to set OKRs monitor product health and review analyses done across the company.
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities, can navigate complex situations with calmness and composure, setting an example for the team.
- Communication: You have excellent presentation and communication skills - ability to present to large audiences in a verbally and visually engaging way. You can clearly articulate and defend your line’s decisions and strategies in a way stakeholders can relate to and easily understand.
- Inspirational: You are a seasoned professional who understands the long-term picture and builds a reputation as one who can push outside of your comfort zone to understand what’s possible beyond a set of features and your direct team.
- Adaptive: You embrace the unknown and are able to adapt to shifts in priorities.
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Compensation for your open source contributions in your free time
- Flexible working hours, including remote working when needed
- Choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits
Please note that benefits and perks may slightly differ depending on location.
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you’re interested, send us your application.