Resident Assistant (m/w/d)
Arbeitsort: 10115 Berlin
New York University Berlin
Resident Assistant (m/w/d)
New York University (NYU) Berlin is seeking a full-time Resident Assistant
- About New York University (NYU)
Founded in 1831, New York University is one of the largest and most prestigious private universities in the United States. NYU is based in New York but also operates branch campuses and research programs in other parts of the U.S. and around the world. Since our founding in 1831, NYU’s history has been marked as “open to all”. Now as a university that is in and of the city and in and of the world, we continually strive to foster a dynamic and rigorous teaching and learning environment that represents a diversity of viewpoints. As a community of scholars (faculty, students, and staff) that is inclusive of divergent backgrounds and historically underrepresented groups, NYU engages a diversity of viewpoints, perspectives, and approaches.
About NYU Berlin
NYU Berlin is one of NYU's global study-away sites and provides US and other international students with the opportunity to spend a semester studying in Berlin while earning credits towards their degree. The program is fully integrated into NYU's curriculum and designed for BA students in the social sciences, arts and humanities who want to earn credit in their major - including art, art history, drama, environmental studies, European studies, German, history, math, music, politics, psychology, and sociology - while having a transformative experience abroad. Most courses are taught in English. Seminars and lectures take place at the academic center located in Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg and at NYU Berlin's art and drama studio in Berlin- Kreuzberg. The program size is 120 students per semester, as well as various January Term and Summer Schools.
NYU's Global Programs & University Life organization is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of inclusion, diversity, belonging equity, and accessibility that inform academic excellence. Employees in this organization are expected to contribute to diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty.
The Resident Assistant will live in NYU Berlin’s Student Residence in Berlin, Kreuzberg, in a modern, spacious, fully furnished single apartment. This full-time position encompasses a broad range of responsibilities. The Resident Assistant’s primary role is to monitor and promote the well-being of the students and support a sense of community. Moreover, the Resident Assistant will serve as a source of expertise on the local socio-cultural context. Their portfolio of tasks also includes administrative work related to student life programming, including Orientation, trips, events, etc., as well as operational matters. Some work on evenings or weekends should be anticipated. This is a 1-year fixed term role with the possibility of extension. Preferred start date: June 13, 2022.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years work experience, incl. internships and student worker positions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A valid work permit for Germany through June 2023
- Fluency in German (B2 level or equivalent) and English (C1 level or equivalent)
- Excellent intercultural and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task as well as to deal with emergencies
- Strong ability to work in a team as well as to develop ideas independently
- Service excellence and delivery of high-quality solutions
- Confident public speaker
Preferred Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Study abroad experience (preferably within the context of U.S. universities)
- Work experience in international education
- Experience in producing and editing texts in English (such as handbooks, newsletters, etc.)
- Genuine interest in getting to know and supporting very diverse groups of international students
- Familiarity with IT and social media
- Ability to organize and deliver events and trips for large groups
NYU is committed to providing a campus community that reflects and enacts the values of inclusion, diversity, belonging and equity that inform academic excellence. The RA is expected to support, execute and promote this commitment in the day-to-day life of the Student Residence.
Please consult NYU’s data processing policies based on the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that can be found here: .
Candidates must have the unrestricted right to work and live in Germany prior to appointment.
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
Please submit your application at the Careers at NYU online application portal.
Haben wir Ihr Interesse geweckt?
Dann freuen wir uns auf Ihre Bewerbung.