Senior Embedded Machine Learning Engineer (m/w/d)
Senior Embedded Machine
Learning Engineer (f/m/d)
Wuppertal, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Job ID : J000629960
- The future is all about the software-defined vehicle. Like your computer, the vehicle is becoming a holistic computing platform capable of executing complex software programs. As part of our Software team, you'll help us engineer, design and produce an entirely new and smarter architecture for tomorrow's cars.
- About this position
- At Aptiv we design, develop, and validate systems to enhance the safety and comfort in the vehicle cabin. This includes the development of innovative software features and machine learning algorithms in the area of driver state sensing, seat occupancy monitoring, child presence detection, or hand gesture recognition using 2D and 3D cameras as well as other interior sensing technologies. Driver state sensing plays an important role not only to prevent road accidents caused by drowsiness or distraction of the driver, but also in the context of higher levels of automated driving, e.g. hand over scenarios.
- Aptiv is a leader for in-cabin sensing technology and a well-established supplier of sensing and compute hardware as well as software solutions. In this fast growing and innovative technology area you would be working in an international team of computer vision and machine learning experts and software developers to shape the future of mobility with us.
- Your role
- Deploying C/C++ machine learning applications on PC and embedded devices
Writing high quality, tested and efficient software in C++ for our AI/ML SW Stack
- Leading and mentoring a small group of software engineers
Performing neural network runtime optimization: quantization and pruning
Optimizing scheduling of multiple neural network models across different device cores
Working in an Agile SW development team (SCRUM) closely with Machine Learning Engineers, System Engineers, and SW engineers
Master's degree + 3 years of relevant experience or PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related field
Strong software development skills in C++. You have a passion for clean, well-tested, and well-documented code.
Experience in integrating multiple SW modules into one system. Solid understanding of process scheduling, threading, pipelining, resource allocation.
Knowledge in compute HW architectures: CPU, GPU, DSP, NPU, SoC, AI accelerators
Fluent in English. Excellent written and verbal communication skills & good interpersonal skills
Practical experience with Linux, version control systems (Git), build systems (Make, CMake, Autotools) and code review tools (Gerrit, Gitlab, Bitbucket) is a plus
Practical experience with automotive/robotics middleware, such as ROS, Adaptive AUTOSAR is a plus
Practical experience with one or more neural network inference engines: ONNX, TensorRT, TFLite is beneficial
In addition to an attractive compensation package, Aptiv offers 30 days of vacation
A secure, permanent employment awaits you with the opportunity for continuous internal development in an international environment
Access to internal and external training, coaching and certifications to help you develop your skills and knowledge
We provide special recognition for innovation and outstanding performance
- A very international environment and cooperation with experts at eye level awaits you
You have the chance to get involved in CSR activities
At Aptiv, you will have the opportunity to actively shape the future of mobility with state-of-the-art technology (e.g. e-mobility and autonomous driving) in partnership with almost all global OEMs
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv's success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you'll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some See Technology. We See a Way to Make Connections.
At Aptiv, we don't just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what's possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally, located in 46 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let's change tomorrow.
Are you interested in this job? Awesome! We look forward to receiving your application.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the position and Aptiv, please contact Ms. Viktoria Behm, Talent Acquisition Specialist. She is happy to assist you and is available at 00 49 202 291 2430 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Applications from severely disabled persons and persons of equal status will be given preferential consideration in the event of equal suitability.
Aptiv Services Deutschland GmbH