Senior Lead Core Accounting (d/f/m) (m/w/d)
Bring your knowledge. Be a partner. Join our Finance, Strategy, & Legal team and use your subject-matter expertise to investigate problems, define solutions, and guide decisions as Personio’s co-pilots.
We enable the rapid but sustainable growth of Personio and ensure the financial health, legal stability, and strategic direction-setting of the organization. If you want to work and learn in an interdisciplinary team of Finance, Legal, and Strategy (“FLS”) and want to have a strong impact on Personio from day one, the FLS team is the right place for you. We see ourselves as co-pilot of our business leaders and partner collaboratively with the entire organization, to enable data-driven decision-making by providing thoughtful analysis and insights.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Lead Core Accounting (d/f/m) leading and developing the Core Accounting function to drive us further on our growth path and enhance our capital market readiness and beyond. In this crucial role, you will be reporting directly to the Director Accounting, Tax & Treasury (who directly reports into CFO).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop our Core Accounting function (currently consisting of accounts receivable, accounts payable and subsidiary accounting teams), directly reporting to the Director Accounting, Tax & Treasury
- Being responsible for the preparation of our annual local GAAP (HGB) standalone Financial Statements as well as for successful audits
- Ensuring smooth day-to-day accounting operations for all Group entities, with a focus on timely availability of high quality financials, and preparing insightful monthly management reporting
- Further professionalizing accounting operations towards capital market readiness and beyond (e. g. digitalization/systems/automation, continuous process and control optimization)
- Identify, lead and drive strategic projects and topics from the accounting side
- Being the key point of contact; collaborating effectively with external auditors, consultants and internal stakeholders
What you need to succeed
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in auditing and/or accounting, preferably in a fast-growing B2B tech, software, or SaaS environment a “Big 4” audit firm (or equivalent).
- Experience in building and leading teams
- German certified public accountant (Wirtschaftsprüfer/in) or equivalent is a plus
- Strong German GAAP (HGB) knowledge - additional IFRS knowledge is a plus - and good understanding of relevant tax requirements
- Strong project management, prioritization and analytical skills
- You communicate and collaborate effectively with external stakeholders and internal stakeholders
- Proactive, solution-oriented mindset with a passion to build processes from scratch and drive continuous improvement
- Fluency in English and German
- The ability to work in a dynamic and fast-growing (and not to forget fun) environment
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package – reevaluated each year – that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with our office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Annual personal development budget for you to invest in your development via professional memberships, external certifications, conferences, and more
- Regular company and team events like All Company Culture Week and local year-end celebrations
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Receive generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Save money with corporate discounts across brands like Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, and more
- Invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme, including a Personio contribution
- Choose between green mobility options, including a JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Access multiple fitness studios and sports facilities across Germany for €22 per month with a subsidized Qualitrain membership
- A beautiful, spacious office in the heart of Munich, complete with professional espresso machines, free drinks and snacks, and indoor and outdoor break spaces
Bring your best. Make your mark. We’re using technology to revolutionize the way HR operates so that we can transform the way millions of people experience work every day. We move fast, challenge the status quo, and support our people as they shape their careers.
With over 8,000 customers and a team of 1,700 in seven offices across Europe, now is the perfect time to join! We believe in hiring driven people who want to make an impact. So bring your best, and let’s build the future of HR technology together.
Personio is an equal opportunities employer, committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.