Senior Manager DACH Bio-Pharma (m/w/d)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a BID Senior District Manager to cover the Bio-Pharma segmentation for the DACH region
This is a field-based management job accountable for the sales results and the people leadership of sales representatives in the assigned Bio-Pharma accounts. You will be leading business processes and the resources associated with the BID business plan achievement in a designated district.
Incumbents in this position are accountable to Commercial Operations leadership for achieving agreed upon sales and financial targets with demonstrated business analysis and forecasting, establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with key customer executives, ensuring effective sales, service coverage and quota allocation in their assigned geographic market. You have strong skills in attracting and retaining highly qualified Account Managers and Sales Specialists to realize growth opportunities available in the Bio-Pharma market and providing service to customers consistent with the organizations standards and expectations
Intuition for business and execution
• Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
• Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking about the business, developing concrete business plans and demonstrating to district team members how to achieve those plans.
• Advises the implementation of the business plan across the district to meet objectives – including sales to new accounts in target markets, successful introduction of new products, and the retention and growth of current customers.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate internally and externally across many functions.
• Consistently supervises results of sales team in the district to provide accurate sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of CRM system and other designated business tools.
• Supervises contracts/proposals/quotations within Guidelines.
• Approves competitive pricing as needed to maintain and grow the business and increase margin with guidance from Senior Sales Management or Commercial Operations’ Finance department
People leadership and development
• Successfully attracts, develops, and retains highly qualified Sales and Specialist representatives to team at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
• Functions effectively to manage and develop a high-performance team with strong team building skills, inspirational leadership and the ability to resolve conflict.
• Committed to open communication, clarity, in continued development and performance management.
• Ability in creating network with executives (internal and external)
• Ability in positioning BID as a key partner (internal and external)
Customer relationship management
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with many diverse customer audiences such as Economic Decision Makers and other influencers to gain commitment, obtain resources, and achieve desired results.
• Regularly monitors customers’ needs and Thermo Fisher Scientific’ product offerings to ensure needs are understood by team members and key Thermo Fisher Scientific departments and, appropriate levels of service and responsiveness are provided to accounts.
• Uses comprehensive knowledge of customer activities and goals to develop and coach to high impact strategic selling presentations promoting Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions.
• Develops and maintains an up to date knowledge of BID, products, markets and customer buying practices required to effectively manage a sales team to compete and grow the business.
• Ensures that comprehensive product and application knowledge is used to effectively understand customer needs and position solutions to drive business performance.
What you'll need?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. (A Master’s degree is helpful.)
• Understanding of Life Sciences is required.
• Requires senior level commercial experience with a proven track record of results, account management experience with a major company, and demonstrated leadership
• Sales management or comparable experience preferred
• Possess experience in team management, sales strategies and personal selling effectiveness, analytical and problem-solving skills, communications skills, client relationship management skills, industry/market analysis skills, and business planning skills.
• Ability to travel ~75% travel.
• Expertise and knowledge of the Pharma industry
What's in it for you?
• Company car
• Modern home-office equipment
• Performance-related salary (basic & commission)
• Collaborative work in an international environment
• Strong team spirit
• Active Career Management
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any our application process, click here (https://#accessibility) for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific