Senior Project Manager - Governance (m/w/d)
A JOB THAT INSPIRES YOU
Are you looking for an international working environment and enjoy working in a multicultural team with flat hierarchies? Do you have a good sense for people and can convince others? If so, come join our team!
As Senior Project Manager you are responsible both for the acquisition of new projects and for the implementation and the financial backstopping of on-going projects in the field of Good Governance. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for project set-ups and for backstopping missions and short-term expert assignments.
- You identify project opportunities and develop project acquisition strategies
- You autonomously manage and coordinate the acquisition process, e.g. including preparation of Expressions of Interest and technical proposals, staff recruitment and fee negotiations
- You coordinate and monitor the project activities on site, ensure compliance with formal specifications and procedures, supervise and manage project staff and resources, prepare/ and finalise project reports
- You conduct expert missions
- You actively contribute to the acquisition strategy of the Governance and Economic Development Department and further develop the department’s portfolio
- You contribute to knowledge management and to technical capacity building of the team
A BACKGROUND THAT CONVINCES US
- You have post-graduate academic degree in the fields of good governance, law, economics, public administration etc.
- You have very good language skills in English, both written and spoken. German, French or Spanish language skills are an asset
- Proven international experience, preferably gained through work experience in developing countries or economies in transition is a strong asset
- You have prior experience in managing development cooperation projects with multilateral or bilateral donors, and familiarity with donor procedures and requirements.
- You have proven experience in drafting concept notes and technical methodologies, preparing project budgets, and participating in calls for tenders.
- Prior experience across a wide range of governance policy in developing countries
- Prior experience in financial management of projects and tracking project resources is an asset.
- You have the ability to use your communication skills to interact with multi-national teams, project beneficiaries and clients across different time zones.
- You have the ability to prioritise actions and tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
AN ENVIRONMENT THAT MOTIVATES YOU
- Team & culture: You will join dynamic, multi-cultural and multilingual team members who enjoy working together and who support each other.
- Responsibility: You join a company committed to being environmentally responsible wherever we operate.
- Development: Our annual career development and performance review process will help you to set clearly defined goals and objectives. As a new employee, you will be part of a mentorship system.
- Location: GOPA is located close to Bad Homburg´s railway station, enabling quick and easy access to Frankfurt’s cultural activities and events.
- Fringe benefits: GOPA offers an RMV job ticket and job-bike leasing, as well as subsidies for a fitness studio and day care for your children, to mention a few.
- Flexibility: We enable flexible work arrangements, including flexible and mobile working hours.
READY FOR CHANGE?
Do not hesitate and contact us! We are looking forward to receiving your online application, including your possible commencement date and salary expectation.
As a leader in development consultancy, GOPA Worldwide Consultants implements projects in developing and transition economies on behalf of national and international development partners, national authorities, industry representatives and civil society organisations. To ensure that the programmes we implement have a lasting impact in terms of economic growth, sustainability and poverty reduction, we target structural reforms and capacity building in six core sectors.
These six sectors represent our commitment to improve the social and economic situation of people through Education and Employment Promotion, Governance and Economic Development, Rural Development and Environment, Health and Social Development; and measuring the long-term impact of interventions through Statistics and Monitoring and Evaluation.
We are member of GOPA Consulting Group, which consists of 6 large consulting companies, with additional complementary branch organisations, whose expertise and location respond to specific market demands.
In 2021, we became a certified carbon-neutral company for 2020. We are further committed to avoiding and reducing our carbon footprint, as well as identifying new measures together with our staff members.