Senior Ruby Engineer - remote or on site (m/w/d)
YOUR IMPACT - YOUR ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Engineer (m/f/d) to boost one of our cross-functional teams to the next level.
Awesome, this is your role!
- You love writing beautiful Ruby code that is secure, well tested and easy to maintain?
- You are a pragmatic engineer who understands the business and product first, then you start coding?
- While you still like REST, you talk GraphQL even with your pet?
WHY TO JOIN?
- Because we have a remote-first collaboration based on trust and supporting each other...
- Because we have regular Kaizen days...
- Because we work in truly autonomous cross-functional teams..
- Because we succeed together and we fail together...
- Because we provide an egoless data-driven decision making process...
- Because we have a strong testing culture as a part of our DNA...
- Because we provide freedom to touch any part of the code to achieve your team’s goals...
- Because we deliver value frequently following SCRUM...
- Because we believe in our continuous delivery pipeline that let you deploy as often as you can...
- Because we have a fully reproducible working environment using containers, up and running in a few minutes...
- Because our internal command line tool makes complex things simpler...
- Because we have a solid infrastructure built on AWS and Heroku using Terraform and SaltStack...
- Because our technology stack includes Ruby, RoR, Postgres, GraphQL, REST, Redis, Rspec, Cypress, React, Redux, React-router, React Native and Expo.io.
...and because we score 12 out of 12
at Joel test!WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You are happy with a remote-first collaboration or regulary coming to the Berlin office as well: your choice!
- You are a team player with fluid communication skills
- You enjoy delivering awesome products in close collaboration with product managers, designers, QAs, stakeholders and of course other engineers
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
At this point we normally write a lot about our yoga classes, health initiatives, daily fresh fruit, team events, BBQs and table tennis, but in the current situation it is more important for us to tell you this:
- An international team with professional colleagues who have passion for what they do
- A place where your work can have a real impact
- A yearly conference budget of 1500€ and 2 days off for your personal development
- A Remote-first working environment --> this was in place even before Corona
- A culture based on trust and an inspiring atmosphere where ideas are heard and implemented
- We guarantee a steep learning curve, interesting tasks and a lot of responsibility from day one
- Here at Helpling you have the freedom to decide whether you want to work from home or from our freshly expanded and renovated office every day
- Onboarding can be arranged according to your wishes in your home office or on site in the office
- Regular employee surveys to measure employee satisfaction and foster continuous improvement
- Get together via virtual team events, like Artnight and Online Poker
If you consider yourself ready for this challenging opportunity and your technical knowledge matches the described environment, we are looking forward to receiving your convincing application in English!
The Helpling Group
Helpling started off with the vision to revolutionise the household service industry. It has grown from a Berlin start-up into an international organization with five brands under its umbrella: Helpling Marketplace Germany, MySkills Academy,Tiger Facility Services, goodworkvibes and Call-Jeffrey. Since 2014, The Helpling Group has expanded into eight different markets across the globe. With different ventures in the household and office service industries, The Helpling Group currently employs over 150 people across its headquarters and six regional offices. Thousands of people use its products, services and platforms every day and the Helpling Group Companies are committed to their mission to enable all their customers to make the most out of their time!