Senior System Development Engineer - Exterior Microphone Systems ADAS & AD (m/w/d)
At CARIAD, it’s our mission to transform automotive mobility for everyone, everywhere, making it safer, more sustainable, and more comfortable in every way.
To deliver on that promise, we’re building a unified technology and software platform, including a vehicle OS and cloud platform, as well as a unified architecture. As a 100% subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group, we’re developing solutions for all of its brands, including Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche, and will bring our software to over 40 million vehicles by 2030.
Is this an easy task? Not at all! To tackle such a huge challenge, we need a great team. And that’s where you come in. You’ll join more than 5,000 CARIDIANS already working on the latest vehicle features and functions like automated driving, state-of-the-art charging technology, as well as a new digital ecosystem. Together, we’re bringing sustainable change to one of the largest companies in the world.
By contributing your systems engineering knowledge you will focus on automotive exterior microphone systems and ensure the performance of the customer function in different system platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Definition and specification of automotive exterior microphone systems, considering vehicle E/E architecture, customer function requirements and installation constraints
- Analysis and evaluation of microphone systems
- Integration the microphones in the vehicle in cooperation with brands
- Creation and implementation of a cross-brand microphone test strategy at component and system level
- Proactive management and monitoring of exterior microphone system suppliers and external development partners
WHO YOU ARE
- Successfully completed degree in engineering with specialization in electrical engineering, communications engineering, mechatronics or comparable field of study
- Long-term professional experience in automotive, ideally in the field of exterior microphones
- Profound knowledge of architectures, functions and environmental sensor technology
- Experiences in ADAS/AD series development and the corresponding processes and standards (ISO 26262, ISO 29119, ASPICE, ...)
- Profound knowledge of the vehicle development process, ideally including the VW group-specific PEP characteristics
- Fluent English and German language skills
NICE TO KNOW
- Remote work options
- Temporary work from abroad in selected countries
- Flextime / optional working hours
- Company pension plan
- Annual professional development
- Sabbatical option up to 6 months
- 30 days paid + 10 days unpaid leave
- Possibility for VW Group car leasing
- If you have further questions about the candidate journey at Cariad, talk to Cari, our Cariad Chatbot. Can’t see it? Check your settings or visit our