Software/Systems Engineer-TE (m/w/d)
Arbeitsort: 78355 Hohenfels
Country:United States of America
Location:RVA99: RTN Remote, Virginia
The position you are applying for is with Vertex Technology & Training Solutions which was formerly Raytheon Global Training & Logistics. The Vertex Company acquired Raytheon Global Training & Logistics in December 2021.
The Vertex Company is a services solutions provider that operates as a federal government prime contractor. With over 7,000 employees in 200 locations worldwide, the Mississippi-based company offers vertically integrated solutions for defense and commercial customers.
Delivering integrated turnkey lifecycle support from concept definition, to engineering and manufacturing, through end of life support of complex systems and platforms, Vertex offerings include all levels of aviation maintenance, worldwide contractor logistics support, systems engineering and integration, specialized onsite mission execution, high consequence training programs for defense and commercial customers, and integrated supply-chain solutions. Over our 50 year history, we have perfected the balance of cost, schedule, and performance to offer high-quality solutions that consistently exceed customer requirements.
The Vertex Company is a Federal Contractor and must comply with Federal mandates. All employees may be required to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of continued employment. A medical or religious accommodation may be granted on a case-by-case basis. In order for an accommodation to be considered, you must submit the COVID-19 Vaccination Accommodation Request form.
Vertex is a portfolio company of American Industrial Partner (AIP), an operationally orientated private investment firm with a 30 year track record of working with management teams to build scaled world class businesses (www.americanindustrial.com).
This position provides software engineer support to the Joint Multinational Readiness Center (JMRC) Operations Group (OPSGRP) located at Hohenfels, Germany.
Software/System Engineers work in support of JMRC rotations/exercises and their duties include architecture, planning, configuration, testing, integration, and execution support to configure and operate the JMRC Instrumentation System (JMRC-IS). This includes maintaining and improving approximately 300,000 lines of custom Ada code and about 200,000 lines of custom Java code that are required to build a multi-media After Action Review (AAR).
Software/System Engineers are required to be intimately familiar with all of the sub-systems within the JMRC-IS, the hardware systems that support the software, and how the two integrate together to create a “system of systems.” Additionally, Software/System Engineers are responsible for understanding the military mission, requirements, and capabilities of U.S. Army units and equipment playing in the training game so that they can effectively scope and design changes to the systems and software to improve the fidelity of training at the JMRC.
• Develops unique software and provides technical support for the Joint Multinational Readiness Center Instrumentation System (JMRC-IS), Range Data Measurement System (RDMS), Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) Interfaces and Bridges, Video and Audio recording, editing and playback systems as well as support for the security and network infrastructure of the instrumentation system as a whole.
• Develops flowcharts, generates coding, prepares unit-test, performs unit testing, and participates in code and unit test reviews. Reviews general program design and generates computer coding and changes to existing programs.
• Designs, implements, tests, and documents computer programs.
• Reviews general program design and generates computer coding to perform the intended function of the design.
• Develops existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
• Develops software module unit test plans.
• Conducts peer reviews of other programmers’ designs, code, testing, and documentation as required.
• Performs unit testing (debugging), participates in unit-test reviews, and ensures that program documentation reflects any and all changes.
• Develops integration, systems, and performance test code and test harnesses and mockups as required to assure the appropriate level of surety for the modified software.
• Drafts and coordinates test plans. Interacts with designated U.S. Government and contract personnel to conduct formal Software Acceptance Tests (SATs) and Government Acceptance Tests (GATs).
• Documents changes as directed by U.S. Government and designated contracting personnel.
• Maintains appropriate source-code control using appropriate source code control tools and accepted industry best practice techniques.
• Understands the specialized hardware systems supporting the JMRC-IS and how the software interfaces with those systems.
• Understands the military context of the software and systems so as to be able to recommend appropriate changes and fixes to improve the fidelity of the training.
• Performs duties of Software Systems Analyst as required.
Required Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
• An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
• A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
• 11 years of recent specialized experience
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Former U.S. military officer or noncommissioned officer with experience as a system engineer, software engineer, database engineer, programmer, or system administrator in a U.S. military environment.
• Understands U.S. Department of Defense language of operations, processes and standards, to include acronyms, abbreviations and terminology.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, to include, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Possess a U.S. SECRET clearance.
Requires advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Practical to substantial knowledge of RTX projects, programs or systems with the ability to make enhancements and leverage in daily work.
A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience
Engineering/Other Technical Positions:
Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Vertex is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each other’s differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Haben wir Ihr Interesse geweckt?
Dann freuen wir uns auf Ihre Bewerbung.