Working Student / Internship - In-car Health Application (m/w/d)
At CARIAD, it’s our mission to transform automotive mobility for everyone, everywhere, making it safer, more sustainable, and more comfortable in every way. To deliver on that promise, we’re building a unified technology and software platform, including a vehicle OS and cloud platform, as well as a unified architecture. As a 100% subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group, we’re developing solutions for all of its brands, including Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche, and will bring our software to over 40 million vehicles by 2030.
Is this an easy task? Not at all! To tackle such a huge challenge, we need a great team. And that’s where you come in. You’ll join more than 6,000 CARIDIANS already working on the latest vehicle features and functions like automated driving, state-of-the-art charging technology, as well as a new digital ecosystem. Together, we’re bringing sustainable change to one of the largest companies in the world.
Our "Intelligent Cockpit & Body" team is developing infotainment and body functions for the in-car digital experience for Volkswagen brands: We shape digital car experience. We develop customer functions like Digital Assistant, Navigation, App Store, Digital Key or Health & Wellbeing.
As a working student/ intern, you will join our dynamic software development team, which is focused on creating health applications and comprehensive in-vehicle functions. You will have the opportunity to play a significant role in shaping the overall driving experience while gaining valuable software development experience in the process. WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Create software with a customer-focused approach within the collaborative setting of an agile team, comprising software developers, UX/UI engineers, and product management.
- Design software application (fronted, backend) and overall architecture.
- Develop, implement and test software that interacts with the vehicle’s hardware (ECUs, in-vehicle sensors & actuators), based on Android Automotive (AAOS).
- Validate functions on different levels including vehicle testing.
WHO YOU ARE
- Academic qualification in computer science, (media) informatics, health tech, user experience design, electrical engineering or equivalent field.
- Knowledge in software development, esp. Java/Kotlin (Android SDK & Studio).
- Familiarity with agile development methods and CI/CD techniques.
- Experience in HMI / frontend software development and design is a plus.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication protocols would be beneficial.
NICE TO KNOW Internship
- Duration: 3 to 6+ months
- 35-hour week
- Duration: 6 months
- 20 h/week, with the option to adjust to 35 h/week working model during semester break